LOCAL AUTOMOTIVE CHAIN COLLECTS 15,000 POUNDS OF WARM WINTER GEAR FOR LOCAL CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
Children and families located in Illinois recently received warm winter gear just in time for the cold weather. The clothing was donated by local area residents to the Snug Hugs for Kids clothing drive, sponsored by Merlin 200,000 Mile Shops and benefitted their charity partner, Children’s Home + Aid. This was the 21st year that the Snug Hugs for Kids clothing drive was conducted. More than 30 Merlin courtesy vans and a large delivery truck, formed a caravan at the Merlin shop in Hanover Park and traveled to the Children Home + Aid Mitzi Freidheim Englewood Child and Family Center in Chicago to deliver the clothes.
Clothing was also delivered to additional Children’s Home + Aid Centers and affiliates:
- Tom Thumb Child Care Center in Carpentersville, Illinois
- Rice Child + Family Center in Evanston, Illinois
- Marletta Darnall Child + Family Center in Schaumburg, Illinois
- Community Child Care Center in Palatine, Illinois
- Children’s Home + Aid Western Avenue Center in Chicago, Illinois5946
- Children’s Center/Children’s Foundation in Bloomington, Illinois
- Chicago Youth Center Rebecca Crown & Chicago Educare Center
Two additional programs that were also conducted to support the collection effort of Snug Hugs for Kids brought in significant donations as follow:
- The Crochet & Knit-A-Thon™ gathered more than 4,000 handcrafted items from volunteers located across the country who knit and crochet.
- The Kids Helping Kids program encouraged girl and boy scouts troops to gather donations in pursuit of a collectible badge.
To learn more about Merlin or Children’s Home + Aid, please visit www.merlins.com or www.childrenshomeandaid.org.