Search our site
Read our Post
Choose a method to view our posts
Sign Up!Get news,
Just type in your e-mail address below and hit "Sign-up!"
- Jill Blanco on Trivia Time! Answers to America’s Past Time
- Angie Bellamy on A taste of the Middle East: Mediterraneo of DeKalb
- maureen russell on September 23rd to 25th • Sycamore Film Festival
- NVM on August 2011 New Values Magazine arrives!
- Marcy A Bruhn on August 2011 New Values Magazine arrives!
Follow us online:
Category Archives: May 2015 Edition
Some of our customers at Bockman’s Auto Care are surprised to learn that there are actually two service schedules for their vehicles. One is the regular schedule and the other is the severe service schedule.
Let’s look at what the manufacturers say constitutes severe driving conditions, and let you draw your own conclusions:
- Most of your trips are less than four miles
- Most of your trips are less than ten miles and outside temperatures are below freezing
- The engine is at low speed most of the time — not on the highway
- You operate your vehicle in dusty areas
- You regularly tow a trailer, carry heavy loads or a car-top carrier
- Stop and go driving
- Driving in very hot or very cold weather
So you can see that a lot has to do with how you drive, but some has to do with where you drive. Some areas of the country will be more or less severe than it is here in DeKalb County.
So, how did you do this month? As you may have noted, we use the names of our advertisers in each issues’s crossword puzzle. Here are the answers to March’s puzzle:
Keep an eye on your mail as the next issue of New Values Magazine hits the streets May 20th. In addition to valuable coupons from local businesses, you’ll find community events announcements and information, news from Kishwaukee Hospital and more! Learn more about the DeKalb County Community Gardens!