Search our site
Read our Post
Choose a method to view our posts
Sign Up!Get news,
Just type in your e-mail address below and hit "Sign-up!"
- Jill Blanco on Trivia Time! Answers to America’s Past Time
- Angie Bellamy on A taste of the Middle East: Mediterraneo of DeKalb
- maureen russell on September 23rd to 25th • Sycamore Film Festival
- NVM on August 2011 New Values Magazine arrives!
- Marcy A Bruhn on August 2011 New Values Magazine arrives!
Follow us online:
Tag Archives: Merlin’s 2000
Merlin Two Hundred Thousand Mile Shops and Stitch N’ Pitch are helping raise awareness and donations for the thousands of children served by Children’s Home + Aid. Stitch N’ Pitch and the Chicago White Sox will host “Stitch N’ Pitch fans” who love needlearts at a special White Sox baseball game. Don’t miss this quirky and fun event!
It’s the Stitch N’ Pitch baseball game with the Chicago White Sox at US Cellular Field on Saturday, June 2nd.
Tickets are $35 and order forms are at Merlin Two Hundred Thousand Mile Shops or at merlins dot com. If you can’t attend the game and would like to help, Merlin has two ways:
Visit the STITCH N’ PITCH WALL at merlins dot com. Donate one dollar and place with your name on the wall .
Service your car at Merlin on Wednesday, May 23rd and up to $50 of your purchase will go to Children’s Home + Aid.
LOCAL AUTOMOTIVE CHAIN COLLECTS 15,000 POUNDS OF WARM WINTER GEAR FOR LOCAL CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
Children and families located in Illinois recently received warm winter gear just in time for the cold weather. The clothing was donated by local area residents to the Snug Hugs for Kids clothing drive, sponsored by Merlin 200,000 Mile Shops and benefitted their charity partner, Children’s Home + Aid. This was the 21st year that the Snug Hugs for Kids clothing drive was conducted. More than 30 Merlin courtesy vans and a large delivery truck, formed a caravan at the Merlin shop in Hanover Park and traveled to the Children Home + Aid Mitzi Freidheim Englewood Child and Family Center in Chicago to deliver the clothes.
Most of us take a warm winter coat, hat, or gloves for granted, but that’s simply not true for thousands of Illinois children. Please help Merlin 200,000 Mile Shops with their Snug Hugs for Kids™ winter clothing drive by donating new and like-new winter gear to benefit the children served by Children’s Home + Aid (childrenshomeandaid.org/).
Items needed most include coats, hats, scarves, mittens, sweaters, and boots for children aged newborn to 18 years old. You can drop these items off at your local Merlin 200,000 Miles Shop from November 1 through December 6, 2011.
Two additional Snug Hugs for Kids™ support programs are also taking place to assist in the collection of winter outerwear.
1. The Kids Helping Kids program encourages Girl and Boy Scout troops and youth groups to collect and earn an embroidered badge for their efforts. Registration forms can be printed at www.merlins.com/news.php.
2. The Crochet & Knit-A-Thon encourages talented individuals who knit and crochet to handcraft items for the children. Participants can register for the program at www.childrenshomeandaid.org/snughugs.
For more information, please visit www.merlins.com/news.php
Merlin 200,000 Mile Shops are vehicle longevity specialists, offer a neighborhood approach to automotive service, and provide extraordinary maintenance and repair for all makes and models of cars, vans, and light trucks.